Develop vertical jump performance and speed that separates you from the competition
If you're looking for volleyball drills to radically increase any volleyball player's explosive leg power to improve leaping ability and defensive speed and flat out generate dominate hitters and blockers, the VertiMax volleyball training equipment is the key to make that happen. Male or female, at any level, from youth - to professional volleyball players, if you want to engage in volleyball drills that quickly develop more competitive athletes on the court, there's no better choice than VertiMax to elevate a volleyball player above the competition and dominate matches.
Head Volleyball Coach for Front Range Volleyball Club Jim Miret
"The VertiMax is a one of a kind equipment providing valuable training elements unique to the sport of volleyball. The ability to load the legs and arms simultaneously while jump training develops superior jumping and speed performance while allowing players to work on blocking & attack mechanics."
Get the VertiMax Speed & Jump Program
VertiMax is the top volleyball training equipment used by 4 of the top 5 and 15 of the top 25 ranked women's Division 1 college volleyball programs. Today, thousands of youth athletes across the country are using VertiMax to engage in volleyball drills and basic volleyball exercises that will transform them into the most explosive jumpers and fastest volleyball players possible.
VertiMax uses an exciting new training technology for higher quality volleyball drills that better develop explosive jumping power and volleyball speed. Below we'll detail seven reasons why VertiMax will develop a more competitive volleyball player than any other competing equipment.
1) VertiMax provides maximum vertical jump gains. VertiMax is the only equipment capable of loading both the legs and arm swing at the same time when vertical jump training. That's important because arm swing velocity at take-off accounts for 10 to 13% of your vertical jump performance and it can't be ignored if an athlete is attempting to develop their full vertical jump potential. Vertimax is the only athletic performance training equipment that accounts for this fact. Vertical jump performance is one of the most important performance parameters most volleyball players will ever be judged by. The unique combination of volleyball jumping drills you can perform on Vertimax will guarantee maximum vertical performance for any player on the volleyball court.
2. VertiMax is the only equipment in the world that can load the leg drive and swing phase simultaneously for maximum linear and lateral speed gains. Every volleyball player wants more speed for defense. If you really want to fully develop your speed potential, you can perform off-platform defensive volleyball drills that increase power in BOTH the leg drive and swing phase to better increase first step quickness and get to those hard driven balls sooner. Basically we're talking about loading the quad – glut - calf when one foot is planted on the court driving and also at the same time loading the hip flexors, abductors and adductors of the opposite foot when it breaks contact with the court and accelerates towards the next ground strike so it can begin driving again. This patented training technique is as effective as speed training gets for volleyball and it can only be implemented with a VertiMax V8. If you're running around with an elastic band tied to your waist you're only training drive phase – that does nothing to develop power in the muscles that accelerate your foot when it breaks contact with the court. If you're conducting volleyball drills running around with an elastic band tied to your ankles – you're only training swing phase and what's worse - is those elastic bands are almost always slack when you start foot movement – thus they provide no useful resistance for power development at the start of the explosive movement where its most important. The V8 combines the best of both these conventional speed training techniques while correcting the problems associated with each.
3) VertiMax is more efficient at developing explosive power for better vertical and speed performance on the volleyball court. Vertimax resistance bands fully retract into the equipment which means they never go slack and always provide a useful training resistance when you initiate the explosive rep. Conventional elastic bands can't do that because they can't retract into anything and when the athlete coils to position themselves for the explosive movement – the bands go slack and don't provide any useful training resistance to develop power at the front end of an explosive movement where its most important. In this video you'll see how in the coiled position for vertical jump training Vertimax bands retract and can't go slack keeping the full load applied during any volleyball drill or exercise. Resistance from conventional elastic training equipment will radically drop off as the athlete dips into the squatted position because there's no means to remove slack as the two cord ends approach each other. Let's consider hip flexor training for developing more speed to get to those hard driven balls. The video once again will show how Vertimax resistance bands can't go slack and fully load the hip flexor before it even begins the explosive contraction. Conventional bands tied between the ankles won't apply one ounce of load to the hip flexor at the start of any explosive volleyball related movement. That's because that band will be completely slack every time you begin a high knee drive. With no load at the start, you're tossing power gains right out the window. Consider lateral speed training which is a key performance parameter for great defense on the court. VertiMax's waist and individual foot bands can maintain constant drive and swing phase resistance on every relevant muscle in both legs moving in any direction. That conventional shuffle drill with ankle bands can't apply an ounce of force to either leg if your feet are less than shoulder width apart - and when it does it loads only the abductor – period. VertiMax is simply a smarter, more effective way to radically increase power at the start of an explosive movement - And that's just one more reason Vertimax delivers superior vertical and speed gains for volleyball players that conventional elastics can't touch.
4) Achieve higher training velocities for better speed strength. The Vertimax design allows volleyball players to achieve higher training velocities to more effectively develop power at high speeds or what we'll refer to as speed strength. The problem with conventional elastic training equipment is they usually involve a short elastic bands connected between parts of our body or the ground or a wall. When you try to perform an explosive volleyball drill and stretch those short bands the resistance often goes from 0 to a whole lot in just 2 feet. That radical increase in resistance is basically slamming on the brakes when you're trying to achieve high training velocities. Vertimax solves that issue by utilizing really long elastic bands on retractable pulley equipment so you're stretching a long band a little instead short band a lot. Once you set the resistance on Vertimax this allows the volleyball player to basically feel the same load from the beginning to end of an explosive movement. There's no hitting the brakes when you initiate an explosive movement on Vertimax and that means you're going to achieve higher training velocities during all your volleyball exercises and develop better speed strength that will show up on the court.
5) VertiMax implements patented balance control mechanisms to allow volleyball players to jump train with more effort to deliver more power gains. Two balance control mechanisms including a mechanical tracking equipment and non-varying resistance design that simulates increased gravity help athletes maintain balance and stability when performing explosive volleyball training drills. If you want to maximize power output you have to train explosively with 100% effort and you can't do that if you're not balanced - especially if your vertical jump training with a load. Anyone volleyball player who has tried to jump with 100% effort when they were off balance knows your brain and physics won't allow it. If you use a conventional jump trainer that simply ties non-retractable bands to a fixed point its almost impossible to train with 100% effort because the equipment is not designed to maintain your balance – you have radically increasing resistance as you jump and the second you drift off center from the anchor points you have to deal with a lateral force pushing or pulling you and that's going to completely destabilize you because when we jump - gravity doesn't radically increase or push us from the front or back. The Vertimax designed appreciates and maintains the stability of gravity for any volleyball drill by utilizing a design that provides a non-varying resistance and a patented tracking equipment that allows the elastic bands to move with the athlete when vertical jump training. If the athlete drifts forward or backward while jumping, the anchor point actually moves with the athlete to help keep the force of the bands pulling straight down just like gravity. The VertiMax design gives you more stability enabling more effort on every explosive training rep leading to superior power gains that will radically improve jumping ability along with spiking and blocking abilities.
6) You can configure the V8 into hundreds of sport specific volleyball training configurations. With the ability to relocate the four topside bands to hundreds of locations around the perimeter of the mat, volleyball players have the ability to quickly configure the V8 into hundreds of sport specific training configurations on or off the platform to benefit offensive and defensive performance anywhere on the volleyball court. Number 7 is adjustable resistance settings - The Vertimax V8 gives you the ability to adjust the resistance setting on each of the 8 bands routed in the equipment by extracting or retracting the bands through their individual cam mechanism which automatically locks the cord in place after the resistance adjustment. This feature provides a wide range of resistance settings that allows the same V8 equipment to accommodate a NBA or NFL super star right down to an 8 year old athlete.
7) Adjustable resistance settings allow you to effectively train volleyball players of all ages. The Vertimax V8 gives you the ability to adjust the resistance setting on each of the 8 bands routed in the equipment by extracting or retracting the bands through their individual cam mechanism which automatically locks the cord in place after the resistance adjustment. This feature provides a wide range of resistance settings that allows the same V8 equipment to accommodate an 8 year old volleyball player right up to an Olympian athlete.
"The VertiMax is a one of a kind equipment providing valuable training elements unique to the sport of volleyball. The ability to load the legs and arms simultaneously while jump training develops superior jumping and speed performance while allowing players to work on blocking & attack mechanics. Our players' stability & strength in the air is better than ever and in just 8 weeks we have had dramatic improvements in our ability to elevate & penetrate the net on block jumps. VertiMax is the first device I have seen that allows volleyball specific training moves to be done explosively, safely and with maximum transfer from training to the court."
Jim Miret - Head Volleyball Coach for Front Range Volleyball Club, 1999 & 2003 Outstanding Male Coach for Juniors: USA Volleyball
"I can say without hesitation that the VertiMax is the single most valuable training device I utilized during my collegiate volleyball career. I could see and feel the improvement to my vertical jump, quickness and stamina almost immediately and more importantly my coach could see the positive effect on my game. VertiMax made a major contribution to my game and collegiate career and it will always be the centerpiece of my volleyball strength and conditioning program."
Aury Cruz - 1st Team All-American (2003), NCAA Championship Region MVP, 3 Time SEC Player of the Year, 3 Time First Team All-SEC
Allyson Felix's intense workout
U.S. Olympic track and field star Allyson Felix takes you inside her gym workout.
read full article »
Get Fit Fast: 10-Minute Total-Body Workout
Women can sculpt a lean, toned body in just 5 moves.
read full article »
Fitness Fights High Blood Pressure Genes
Physical Fitness Lowers Risk of High Blood Pressure in People With Family History.
read full article »
High Reps With Low Weights Builds Muscle, Too
Study Shows That Lifting a Ton Is Not the Only Way to Bulk Up.
read full article »
Jon "Bones" Jones
Reigning UFC Light Heavyweight Champion "Bones" Jones integrates VertiMax into his diverse pre-fight workout routine read full article »
25 Most Deceiving Exercises
Want to Lose Weight? Skip Trendy Diets
Study: Biggest Losers Eat Less Fat and Exercise More read full article »
Masashi Obuchi's return to form gives Evessa more firepower
We work out with machines such as the VertiMax which allows me to work on my timing for blocking shots. read full article »
VertiMax provides an easy financing process.
Call us toll-free: 800-699-5867 to speak with a VertiMax trainer for complete details.
Normal response time back on application submissions is usually 2-3 hours. Any questions on financing, please call us toll-free: 800-699-5867
See pricing on all VertiMax models and view demonstration videos on each of the four VertiMax models.
Quick Resource Guide to assist with your questions and confidence that VertIMax can deliver results to your athletic training, that weights and bands will not.
- How VertiMax Works
- Pro Teams Using VertiMax
- Greater Basketball Skills
- Stronger Football Player
Call Toll Free: 800-699-5867
Follow Us on:
New This Week: videos
|V8 Foot Speed Ladder|
|Kenny Reeves, NFL Free Agent|
|Fitness Quest 10|
|Step ups on V8|
Sports Specific: Training
New: user videos